(From left to right)
- Bing Crosby’s White Christmas – This CD will be played on repeat in our home during the holiday season. So cozy.
- moe.’s Season’s Greetings – When it isn’t Bing, it’s the best, cheesiest, happiest Christmas music: moe. “We were together at Christmas…”
- Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred – To stay (or get?!) in shape over the holiday season, I’m trying to do Jillian’s 30 Day Shred EVERY.DAY. Which is totally do-able, except for when I fall asleep in J’s bed while reading books to him at bedtime.
- Shepherd’s Pie – It took about 90 minutes for me to make this recipe, but it sure tastes good. I made a couple substitutions, including using pre-made pie crust (that I let get to room temperature) and onions and garlic (instead of leeks and shallots). I love that it uses many ingredients from our farm CSA including potatoes, kale, celeriac, carrots, and onions.
- Westworld – My husband and I have been enjoying this show over the past few weeks. It’s a bit on the violent side for me, but an interesting concept, and Thandie Newton’s character Maeve is fabulous.
- Easy Fermenter Wide Mouth Lid Kit – In my spare time, I’ve been dabbling in all sorts of fun things, including making kraut. After not feeling totally confident of my last batch of kraut made in an open crock, I am trying batch 2 using the Easy Fermenter…two more days until it’s ready!
- Standing Rock – I’ve been sending good thoughts out into the world about this. I am hopeful thanks to the latest announcement by the Army Corps of Engineers, but I don’t think it is over yet. In today’s craziness, it would be so nice if something that I believed in happened.
- Glossier’s Boy Brows – Check out Glossier’s Boy Brows. I love this product. In fact, I stopped wearing mascara months ago (except for the very occasional big night out) in favor of using this everyday. It makes me feel like I put forth at least a little effort, but I don’t have to worry about red, itchy, or raccoon eyes.
- The Army-Navy game. One of my favorite days of the year! Come Saturday, you will find me in front of the television cheering for Navy. My veggie chili (and old Whole Foods recipe) will have a couple cans of Navy beans thrown in for some good luck.
Images from (l>r): Amazon, Amazon, Amazon, Food Network, HBO, Amazon, Change.org, Glossier, I Love Philly